Our School Council - the Palmer Parliament
After nominations and successful campaigning, our new members were announced in October 2018. Our council is made up of children from year 1 to year 6. Our Chair speaks with Reception children in the summer term to inform them of what it is we do, ready for their input in year 1. We meet every three weeks on a Monday afternoon. As a minimum, we discuss current projects, ways to improve the school and any suggestions that have arisen from class discussions.
Responsibilities of the elected members are:
- To be positive role models in all areas of the school.
- To share their thoughts openly and honestly whilst being respectful.
- To feedback to their class whatever is discussed in the meeting.
- To bring the ideas of their classmates to meetings or speak to Mrs Staple if an urgent/ earlier meeting is required.
- To help make positive changes to our school.
Current projects that members are involved in are:
- Kindness Rocks Garden
- Promoting the importance of well-being
- Promoting healthy living
- Meeting and questioning the Mayor of Reading
- Promoting E-safety
Achievements/responsibilities so far
Taking responsibility for choosing the winners of the Christmas Jumper competition, organising who got which prize and distributing prizes with a small speech. (DEC 2018)
Helping hand out the awards for the end of term Award Ceremony. (DEC 2018)