Eco Club - Job Description
As part of our Pupil Leadership offer, we believe that children need to experience duties and responsibilities that come with being a member of a community in order to help them prepare to play an active role as citizens in the wider world.
At The Palmer Academy the role of the Eco Club is very important to promoting the awareness of the environment and community of our school. Our year 1 - 6 pupils are only allowed to apply for the position of Eco Club representative, to ensure all ages can make a difference. They are more than just a title and badge and require dedication and commitment for an entire year. In a sense they are junior members of staff and are expected to take their roles seriously.
The positions not only allow the Eco Club pupils to lead by example and demonstrate their responsibility, it also enables other children to learn from a good example.
Each child from Years 1-6 are given the opportunity to apply for the job and their applications then go through a selection process.
Once their application has been successful, the roles are announced in a whole school celebration assembly.
Characteristics of an Eco club representative
- Be caring about the world and its environment
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed to carry out tasks
- A confident speaker
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, peers, and the wider community
- Desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
We expect you:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating Palmer Academy Values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to making a positive change in our community
- To be friendly and encouraging with all students, to effectively instil an appreciation and awareness of our environment
- To be part of the team of Eco Club who work together to achieve success for all.
To support the Eco Club staff members in achieving an international Eco-Schools Green Flag award by implementing an environmental action plan
- Creating and implementing a whole school environmental action plan
- Work closely with the Eco Club staff members, providing ideas and support for meaningful change for the environment and making a difference in the local community
- Asking other students for suggestions on how to make our school more environmentally friendly
- Discuss ideas to implement change to be more environmentally conscious
- Attend regular meetings with the Eco Club staff
- Inspire children to make them aware of the school’s environment action plan
- Be an excellent role model in promoting environmental awareness