We are a school built upon a community commitment to providing and learning from exceptional opportunities for all. We believe that by developing a curiosity about the world around us, our pupils learn ways to put new found skills to use both now and in the future.
By creating a safe and an encouraging community environment, our children learn to find ways to interact confidently with the world around them and create meaningful connections that engage their curiosity. They learn how they can link their experiences and learning together to help them to understand their world and lead the life that they deserve to lead, both now and in the future.
The pupils of Palmer Academy learn the value of relationships and how and they learn and live with others. They know that our community is always here for them and that are not only part of something larger, but also they gain confidence as they explore new friendships and other communities.
As our children discover the world they inhabit, they develop how to build character, life skills, knowledge, understanding and confidence to always participate and act with those around them. All the community links help our children know their worth to themselves and value to others.
We believe that community partners are those who we interact with and so become our community, no matter what the geographical location.
Here is a list (which is ever expanding) of our community partners:
- ABC to Read Every child a reader, with the self-confidence and skills to make positive life choices and contribute to their wider community.
- Aspire2 are a charity established through the efforts of Headteachers and governors in the nine South Reading schools which form the 'Whitley Excellence Cluster' (WEC). They work alongside many other organisations to support the running of trips and events throughout the year for those in and around the Whitley community.
- Berkshire Maestros They believe in the power of music to change lives and that all children and young people in Berkshire will experience an inspirational, high-quality musical education and the joy of making music with others.
- Brazilian Coffee Shop
- Reading Leisure Centre It is Palmer Academy’s commitment to enable each year 4 cohort go for weekly lessons where our children learn how to swim under expert supervision.
- Reading Museum
- Reading University
- Reading voluntary Action Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations.
- Sainsbury’s School leaders. Rebecca Anderson arranges all the Reading Schools sporting competitions’ (See list below)
- Young Voices Their aim is to inspire a love of music and create memories for the children that will last a lifetime. Every year, The Palmer Choir joins with over 7000 other young children at the O2 Arena in London to form the world’s largest choir.
- Ufton Court Educational Trust is an innovative charity that aims to change children’s lives through challenging and inspirational learning outside the classroom.
Schools We Interact with:
- Alfred Sutton Primary School
- All Saints Infant School
- All Saints Junior School
- Battle Primary Academy
- Caversham Park Primary School
- Caversham Primary School
- Christ the King Catholic Primary School
- Churchend Primary Academy
- Civitas Academy
- Coley Primary School and Nursery
- Crosfields School – (Inter school Maths challenges are held here).
- E P Collier Primary School and Nursery
- Emmer Green Primary School
- English Martyrs Catholic Primary School
- Geoffrey Field Infant School
- Geoffrey Field Junior School
- John Madejski Academy
- Katesgrove Primary School
- Manor Primary School
- Meadow Park Academy
- Micklands Primary School
- Moorlands Primary School
- New Christ Church (Church of England) Primary School
- New Town Primary School
- Oxford Road Community Primary School
- Park Lane Primary School
- Ranikhet Primary School
- Redlands Primary School
- Southcote Primary School
- St Anne's Catholic Primary School
- St John's (Church of England) Primary School
- St Martin's Catholic Primary School
- St Mary and All Saints (Church of England) Primary School
- St Michael's Primary School
- Thameside Primary School
- The Heights Primary School
- The Hill Primary School
- The Ridgeway Primary School
- Whitley Park Primary and Nursery School
- Wilson Primary School