We would like to welcome you to Year 5.
We are a class that striving to become confident, determined and respectful.
There are 6 Palmer Powers which encapsulate the explicit qualities, values and principles we build in our pupils. Each half term celebrates a different power.
Download and read the Year 5 curriculum overview here:
Year 5 - Our Curriculum
Download and read the Spring 1 Curriculum Information for Year 5.
Spring 2 - Year 5
In Year 5 our teachers and support staff are:
Year 5 Team
Miss K Druce
Hughes Class Teacher
Mrs J Taphouse
Hughes Class Teacher/HLTA
Morpurgo Class Teacher
Mrs D Pitt
Year 5 LSA
Our PE lessons are on a Wednesday and Thursday, so please ensure to bring in a PE kit in a bag for these days.
- Black shorts or track suit bottoms
- School house T shirt or plain white shirt
- Plain black hoodie or track suit jumper
Homework can be accessed using various websites.
- Reading every day and reading records signed on Boomreader
- Multiplication tables
- Maths homework on MyMaths website
- Spelling homework on Spelling Shed website
- Pupils can only be collected by one of the named adults on our pupil data Management Information System (MIS).
- Parents/carers can write to the school to change or add to this list.
- Siblings must be 16 years and over to collect and a signed and dated note must be on file.
- Walking home alone: only pupils in Year 5 and 6 can walk home alone. A singed and dated note from the parent/carer must be provided and kept in pupil file. Pupils are not allowed to walk home alone with younger siblings.
- Letters and newsletters will be sent to your email.
- Dinners and trips can be booked and paid via ParentPay.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to speak to the class teacher.
- If your child has prescribed medication, please collect a Prescribed Medication Form from the office.
- If your child has asthma, please ensure to check their inhaler is not expired.
- I have everything I need ready for school
- I know where to find things to help with my learning
- I can get on with my work straight away
- I will not bring things into the classroom that have happened at break or lunch
- I will be helpful and friendly to others
- I will listen to others ideas and opinions
- I will respect other people’s space and belongings
- I will use equipment safely
- I will act safely at all times e.g walking with our hands behind our back in the corridors
- I will make sure that I am sensible on the playground
- I will make sure that I am outside or in the lunch hall at break and lunch