Play Leaders - Job Description
As part of our Pupil Leadership offer , we believe that children need to experience duties and responsibilities that come with being a member of a community in order to help them prepare to play an active role as citizens in the wider world.
The Palmer Academy have hard working and creative Play Leaders. At lunchtime their role is to lead and engage children in playtimes. The Play Leaders have training with the PE department on how to lead and teach different games that use equipment and don’t use equipment. They have many new ideas and plan activities just like the teachers do to ensure playtimes are fun for all children, whilst they gain effective organisational and leadership
Characteristics of Play Leaders
- Polite and well-mannered
- Organised and committed
- A confident speaker
- Well-presented in uniform and appearance
- Able to liaise and converse with staff, peers, and the wider community
- Desire to act responsibly and to be a role model for other students
- Be caring, mature and honest
We expect you:
- To be a positive role model and ambassador for the school, demonstrating Palmer Academy Values.
- To be enthusiastic and committed to the Play Leaders scheme at The Palmer Academy.
- To be friendly and positive with all students
- To be part of the team of Play Leaders team who work together to achieve success for all.
- Work closely with the PE department and Year 5 staff, providing ideas and support for games and activities that can be played on the playground
- To plan new, engaging and fun activities for the children on the playground
- Attend regular meetings with the PE department staff
- Encourage the children on the playground to participate in structured games and use of the playground equipment
- Be an excellent role model in behaviour, attitude and dress at all times
- To follow the Play Leaders timetable
- To make sure the play equipment is being used properly and is being shared
- To make sure the play equipment has been counted out and counted back in
- Termly audit of playground equipment